I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Walking and Reading


I’ve been walking more.  I’ve been bewildered as of lately because my knees seem to hurt more from walking than I do from running.  I’m not stopping, just taking it slower.  I’ve enjoyed just getting out with my iPod and just enjoying the randomness of walking around, window browsing, looking at the selection of fruits and vegetables that are offered in the street stalls.  It’s also given me a chance to find little hidden gems that I’ve always skipped over in my playlists.  It’s funny that I’m texting James telling him who I’m listening to and enjoying, and low and behold they’re probably people he’s been rocking out to from cds and live shows for years.  I also relish in finding hidden gems in the city like a nice park with lots of families.  Enjoying the sun and the release from the stress is an enjoyed benefit as well. 

I’ve also been reading more.  There’s a little cute used bookstore that’s just down the road that I picked up a book the other day that wasn’t even read.  I got it for 2 dollars and couldn’t put it down until I finished it.  I’ve talked with my academic manager and it’s going to be one of the academic texts next term.  It also was helpful for helping me work through some head drama that I had swirling around my busy mind.  A few days later I found a book that I’ve read before and had planned several months worth of lesson plans around.  So for the dollar that it cost me for a book without a broken spine, I’ve got another addition to our curriculum here that will help to build and prepare them.  Plus each session I get to reread one of my favorite books.  It’s been a while since I enjoyed reading like this, but I’m enjoying this feeling.  This social weaning off of the teat of television and movies.  This warm embrace of stories and characters and becoming so thrilled by finding out 

No comments:

Post a Comment