I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

UD's Core

So yesterday me and the other guy I work with were talking about books for the next session and I was telling him about what books I was probably going to introduce and do units with the students.  Then we were talking about loves of reading.  He was saying that he didn't really enjoy reading until later.  I admitted that I didn't really start loving reading again until recently.   He asked what turned me off of reading.  And I was telling him that I never stopped reading, I just was no longer reading at my level.  Reading illustrated classics and comic books would fill my literacy time. 

We then got talking about college texts and I was telling him that either the Odyssey or Beowulf were my favorite books from my freshman semester.  He was intrigued and so I showed him the reading list for literary traditions fall semester or freshman year and his reaction was "well that's one way to welcome students to college." 
I had to laugh thinking about the Iliad and the pages that had these "highlighter tails" as I would later name them from drifting off mid sentence highlighter still pressed to the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment