I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Live, from the 5 car, it's Tuesday morning!

In the red corner standing at 6-foot even, coming out of the Seocho station, working stiff number one.

And... in the blue corner, standing in at 5-foot ten-inches, transferring in at Seoul University station, the umbrella carrying working man number 2.

You're  referee for this event will be a tiny grandmother measuring in at 5'4".

"Gentleman you're dressed for work so let's make this a clean fight.  Now, let's GET IT ON!"

If you haven't guessed it from my tongue in cheek introduction, there was a gentleman's brawl this morning on the metro.  I was on the other side of the car, and the two gentlemen were speaking in Korean, so I don't know all of the particulars.  I was reading my book, so I didn't notice the incident right away, but when between stops people were readjusting (something unusual), I began to take notice.  

There were two gentlemen speaking rather tersely to each other by the door and the rest of the spectators were giving them a wide berth.  This went on for about ten seconds when one man slapped the other.  The slapped man responded by pushing the first man back against the door.  This instigated a response of the first man pushing the second back into the crowded subway car (This really confused me because the crowded car just acted as cushioning for him).  The last, but certainly not least move, was an epic response as the guy rebounds off the crowd, grabs the first guys tie, and slam checks him into the subway car door.  At this point, there was a huge suck of breath from everyone in the car and this little old lady comes in between these two guys and pushes them away and points her finger in both of their faces and starts yelling at both of them.

I don't know what the disagreement was about, and I don't care because it definitely brought an element of excitement to my morning commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment