I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Relax, Don't Stress

Korean students stress.  Korean students stress a lot.  It's the pressure from their parents, the pressure from their society and the pressure from themselves.  There was a student who missed the review for our midterm due to being in the hospital for a brief stay.  She came for the midterm and took it and scored the lowest score in the class, but  even that wasn't anything remarkably bad.  So today when I passed out the midterms right before lunch, I stepped back into the classroom during lunch and called her to the teacher's area and I was like "don't stress, don't worry.  Relax.  You're still going to finish with an A with all of your other grades."  Her reaction was "how did you know I was worried?"  I told her I knew that Korean mentality, and I figured that she'd be worried.  It's just a different world when students wear that much stress in themselves after they get an 85.

No comments:

Post a Comment