I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Walk Around

On Sunday I took a beautiful walk around this quaint town that I am now temporarily calling home.  It's an odd layout of the town in that there are almost three sections of the town that are quite spread out.  This makes taxi, bus or bike the preferred method in order to get from one side to the other, but with an entire day I decided to take a walk.  I enjoyed the heck out of it.  Here are some of the pictures.






After drooling over this beautiful natural beauty that is almost in the middle of this intersection I noticed a man in the middle of the intersection bowing to all of the passing cars.  It was great to stand there and watch.  I didn't understand it, but I enjoyed it.


Then there is the river that divides the town from the newer part of town that I reside in from the older neighborhood and older downtown.



There's a running trail (not the one I use) that runs alongside the river fully equipped with exercise equipment (like the one I use) and also from what it looks like large padded areas for perhaps yoga or tai chi.  The cool thing I also noticed about the running trail is it is marked with different colors for directions and arrows.  Very ingenious.













When I got into old town there were several street murals that I saw that I loved.  Unfortunately a good number of them had been vandalized with red paint making it seem as though all the individuals that were painted had bleeding eyes.

Here are some of the murals minus the bleeding eye individuals.







This one is actually mosaic tile.  You can see some of the red paint in the middle of the star unfortunately.


These were painted on the side of a school down a back alley.





This was on a long low wall that edged a park.





This was the awesome part of this mural.  Talk about recycling.  The silhouettes are created solely using beer caps.




Last on my walk around I saw this very awesome house.  It looks like it might be abandoned, but I loved the fact that it had so much dedicated garden space around it.  I also like the design, the second story and the roof.





No comments:

Post a Comment