I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

New Home Fillers


I got some new furniture this week. I got a small table and a rack for my kitchen. I opened the small table (looked like something that I've put together from Ikea for friends before) which came with 4 prescrewed legs and the top. I was amazed that they not only felt the need to include instructions, but they also felt that the legs needed to be labeled as part #2 and the top needed to be labeled as part #1. This provided at least 5 minutes worth of entertainment as I assembled it.


The kitchen rack was a little more complicated. I had almost finished putting it together and something just wasn't quite right about it. Read the instructions (or looked at the pictures as though were self-explanatory and didn't require a translation guide) and turns out I had been putting the shelves on upside down. Fixed my errors and the rack turned out sturdy. It was a perfect home for the oven. The oven is awesome I totally meant to write a blog just about it, but alas I forgot. It has a rotisserie skewer and turner included and I'm super excited about it. Plus it's got a ton of room on the inside. First probable dish? Biscuits and gravy. There's been a couple of my coworkers that have indicated that they're fans of the Southern staple and I make a mean version of it thanks to Grandma Davis and her mad skills.







No comments:

Post a Comment