I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wrong City

Haha the title's got your interest right?  First of all let me say July is looking a lot better for Byron being a blogger than June did.  We're not even in the double digit days yet and I'm close to a handful of posts.

Today's adventure apart from the missing race was the busride.  Typical busride.  The bus station that I left out of was a little confusing but I did in fact get on the right bus.  The bus ride was a little different on the way back as I didn't have a meal packed for the trip, but I did buy some BBQ Pringles and a Coke so that was something to keep my stomach occupied.  I finished the last two episodes of Franklin and Bash that I had on a flashdrive so I am now caught up with this season so far (side note: got a lot of questions on both bus rides as to what I was watching that was so funny).  The other thing that was different on this ride was we stopped at a rest stop like I have on trips before but didn't on yesterday's trip for some reason.  I remembered the license plate because after a good pee all these buses look the same.  Got me a milkshake and got back on and dozed a little.  We stopped in Gwangyang are a bus station and then I dozed off again knowing that Suncheon wouldn't be too far.  This is what got me in trouble though.  Apparently Gwangyang has two bus stations and I didn't doze for as long as I thought I had and so when the bus stopped I looked outside and saw "SUN" written on the wall of the bus station.  SCORE!  Or not.  It was SUNSHINING GWANGYANG their slogan.  Luckily though it was only a 2 dollar ticket and a 15 minute wait to fix the problem.  Plus the short bus trip was next to a real cutie.  And I learned how to say "can I take your picture for my grandmother?" in Korean but it hasn't worked yet so I apologize grandma but it looks like the food to women picture ratio in my blog is still going to be a little skewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment