I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Hamburgers, Pizza and Fried Chicken


My youngest class today was awesome.  We were learning about sound and how sound starts out as a vibration and ends up as an electronic signal to our brain.  I push these students to be writing more and so I was prompting them to be thinking about the process of smell now that they had learned about the process of sound.  So I asked them what sorts of things smell good expecting roses, flowers, perfume etc.  The answers I got were awesome.  Hamburger, pizza and fried chicken.  I had to agree with them on every single one of those.  Which made me think:  If there’s an anniversary for silver, tin, gold, and paper, why couldn’t there be one for fried foods or baked goods?  Who’s to say a fried catfish, hushpuppies and wedge fries is any less romantic than a dozen roses?  Who’s the governing body that decides that perfumes and flowers have a more romantic fragrance than fresh banana or orange muffins?  Just thinking outside the box with my kiddos here.  Also I was a little hungry (go figure). 

No comments:

Post a Comment