I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Frustrated

So I get off the bus and get a motel within walking distance of where I thought the starting line was for today's race.  There were several reasons that I thought this was the starting line.  It was the only point on the course map that was doubled back and when I asked some of the other foreigners that were running this race they agreed that this was the starting line.  Last time I'll make that mistake. Next time I'll definitely be getting my boss to call someone if I don't receive a race packet in the mail.  On the race website there were five different maps in different locations so that wasn't any help.  Anyways, there was probably a race today, but I wasn't in it which was incredibly frustrating because the past two weeks of training have been really strong for me and I was certainly interested in how my time was going to look compared to my training.  So this morning I knew that the race started at 8 for the full marathon and that you could pick up packets starting at 7.  So I woke up at 5 and got a strong warm up after eating a bagel.  Then I walked to where the starting line was supposed to be and walked around searching for this and asking people for the next hour and a half.  I was so frustrated at the thought of wasting a good warm up or being up that early that I went for an hour and a half run to sweat out my cares and worries.  It helped to.  I went to a museum and then just wandered around and now heading back home. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment