I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Train Adventures and 10 Lessons Learned


So I learned several things lately on my train adventures.

First, there are suggestions on the platform as to where to wait for certain cars and sometimes the train doesn't exactly match up with it.

Second, there are difficulties to getting to the right car with baby strollers and elderly women in the way.

Third, rushing to the train and choking on a chili cheese hotdog is a good way to die. I didn't though, hence the blog update.

Fourth, if you fart on an escalator (if you need an explanation then read the previous lesson) that's headed up always give a look with a raised eyebrow to the guy in the suit in front of you.

Fifth, there are these hilarious signs posted on staircases in the stations. “Watch out for steps!” This would be a welcomed warning, except that it comes in the middle of the staircase. If you weren't already watching out for the steps then it's probably too late to start.

Sixth, it's very distracting to try and watch Two and a Half Men on my computer when there are two nuns sitting across the aisle from me. It's one thing to know they exist, but it's a completely differently thing when I'm laughing at penis, drinking and hooker jokes with a physical manifestation of a moral compass sitting next to me. That being said, add in a couple gay clown jokes and someone wearing a patch and T. Sean could be one of the writers.

Seventh, I don't know how sunny it has to be for Koreans to start wearing sunglasses, but it's almost blinding outside and the only people that are sporting tints are foreigners. Even more confusing is all the Koreans that are still wearing jackets. I want to shed my jeans and they're standing there in layers.

Eighth, Korean dads find it hilarious when you fist bump their elementary school sons who tell me hi. Korean moms, not so much.

Ninth, there probably should be complimentary deodorant or perhaps a time window like swimming in which if you ate curry within the last day you get to sit in a “special” car.

And last but not least, Tenth, just because you have the ticket that says that this is your specific seat, doesn't mean that you're going to feel good about telling the sweet old woman sitting in the seat that it's your seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment