I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Weird Running Adventure and Acupuncture


Hey y’all.  So I was at acupuncture today and I’ve had a case of the drips lately and so I took one of those magic pills that basically dries every part of my head up and I’m laying there with my head cocked back and it was this rejuvenating feeling with a mix of blissful trance.  I was swimming in a sea of haziness that was amazing.  Add some ZZ Top from my iPod on top of it and it was a great rest. 

This was the followup to my morning run this morning.  I wanted to push it a little and go for a nice relaxing longer run.  I also wanted to go exploring and run in a part of Suncheon that I hadn’t before.  So here I am exploring and running and I really didn’t have any distance in mind, but just to run at an easy pace.  Well after the first hour I was looking to start heading back towards my apartment, but I didn’t directly see a turn that I could make that could head me in that direction.  So I was faced with two options, keep going straight or turn around and retrace my steps.  This was an adventure afterall so I pushed forward and chose straight.  I kept seeing signs for the town 30 minutes (by car) to the south of us in the direction I was going and I wasn’t too worried as I hadn’t seen any signs that said I was now entering that particular city, then again I wasn’t seeing signs that said my city in any direction either, just a lot of signs for random little farming villages as we’ll call them.  I finally arrive at a major intersection and decide that turning right is my best option as it does in fact get me relatively closer to my neighborhood, or in this case my city.  So here I am running and I look at my watch and I’m already at the hour and a half mark and I’m thinking that I definitely should have brought a little cash for cab money, but I’m also glad that I didn’t start out fast and that I’ve been taking it a leisurely pace.  After about fifteen minutes on this road I finally see a sign.  Praise God for a sign.  {Suncheon 12KM}

Ok at this point I’m thinking that I was better off not knowing.  I start walking for a little bit.  I’ve got to.  I know I’m not going to walk the entire 12KM, but I needed a little bit of a walk.  After a little bit of rest, I start my leisurely run again and finally make it back home.  It was in fact an enjoyable run, but not something I’m going to be repeating again anytime soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment