I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lessons Learned : Good Results, Bad Results

So this post is kind of one of those good news, bad news reports.  Not so much for y'all, but just of recent events and learnings on my part.  First I did a load of whites a couple weeks ago and I was thoroughly displeased with the result as they all came out dingy and nothing was truly what could be considered Clorox white.  So this week I got to thinking about how I could get my whites really white and I thought of Grandma and mom and how they do the whites from church and how they soak them in a little tub beforehand and I figured if that could get red wine and cheap lipstick out of whites then it should work for the soy sauce and red pepper sauce that I had in mine.  So I boiled a pot of water, threw some bleach and a little detergent into it and let my whites soak in it overnight and then washed them the next day.  They turned out great.  I was super happy mainly because both of my pillow cases that mom made for me were white tshirts and I wanted to be able to keep them that way.

And now for the otherside of the coin.  After my longer run yesterday I was stretching out and doing my yoga routine when I noticed that my pinky toenail on one of my feet was a little long.  It definitely needed a trim.  So I go to rip the top of it off, in hindsight I don't know why I didn't go to the bathroom and get my clippers, and unfortunately ended up ripping the entire nail off.  Heck of a way to top off an eventful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment