I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cranberry Orange Delights

So tips aren't usual in Korea.  In fact in a lot of places they are outright refused.  My doctor's office (acupuncture) got pretty mad when after the first couple of visits I left a couple of extra bucks.  Ok maybe not so much mad, but I got a stern talking to that they can actually get in legitimate trouble for having too much money.  Once I was talking with my boss about it, he was saying that people sometimes will bring foods and similar items that they made at home for "tips" every once and a while.  I decided that yesterday I was going to "tip" my acupuncture group with a batch of orange cranberry muffins.  You would've thought I had given them gold bars. They went nuts and kept coming over to my area and asking if "handmade" and if I made them and etc.  It certainly injected a pleasant smell into my apartment, and I finally got to use a bunch of my odd shaped silicone cupcake molds.  I decided that for the acupuncture place the squares and hearts were of appropriate size and I had enough batter left over to make a batch of tiny stars for the others at work.






No comments:

Post a Comment