I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mmmmmmm Mexican Munchins

So in honor of Cinco de Mayo (just about as good of a reason as any to eat Mexican food) I made a small Mexican feast for the work crew.  I started with a pairing of refried beans, one with a little spice and the other without.  Then I made some black borracho beans that had this hearty taste to them.  Then I made some ground taco beef with some nacho cheese.  I finished it off with a chicken enchilada casserole , once again one spicier and one less spicy.  Plenty of chips were provided for all.  You would've thought I had brought free money for everyone at work.  Then again we are teachers and there is something to be said about teachers and free food.  I don't know what they were more excited about, the food, or the fact that it was tasty Mexican food.  All of us had trouble teaching afterwards because we had that post-Mexican dinner buzz in our stomach that all you wanna do is sleep.  Unfortunately the students had an exam in that class and the teacher does nothing but proctor, which is increasingly difficult after a Mexican feast.





No comments:

Post a Comment