I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

MMMM Biscuits and Gravy


We got a new staff member here and there had been several people interested in having biscuits and gravy at my place, but 10 of us crammed in my place is a little ridiculous.  So I decided a good welcome for our first meeting would be a brunch type festival.  Biscuits and gravy and a Denver omelet scramble.  I think cooking the gravy was the best part because I was listened to George Strait and cooking it the way I'd seen Grandma Davis do it a million or so times.  Had to serve it in a pot which isn't that big of a deal, but Scott and I were watching some show on on some channel about remaking a decorating scheme with swapmeet stuff and one of their tips was use soup tureens for planters because they go for cheap because not a whole lot of people use them.  The both of us could remember Grandma using hers like crazy.  Cabbage roll casserole, beans, gravy, tortilla soup, etc.  Oh also the biscuits were star shaped because that's the shape cookie cutter I had.  :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment