I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Own Worst Enemy

What's the old saying "You are your own worst enemy"?  I definitely proved this during my run on Sunday morning.  I was running and tripped myself and face-planted on the asphalt and skidded into a bush.  After a morning start like this I put my sleeping mask and an ice pack on and went back to bed.  I needed to restart the day.  When we were drinking outside the gas station later that night one of the other guys was like did anyone see you?  Pretty sure seeing as there were a ton of cars around.  Anyways so I've got these nice marks on my hands and a couple scrapes on my forehead.  I thought that was all of it but in the shower found out my hip and thigh on my rightside have a nice bruise and raspberry.  When I went to acupuncture today I had a bandaid on my hands and the Dr. was looking at it and asked what happened and I explained and so his solution is thrust a pin right through the bandaid.  That hurt like the dickens.  The good news is that my hands and thigh took most of the beating from my fall.  I was lucky and didn't break my fall with my face like mom did a couple years ago on her run.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment