I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Running

I've been stepping up my training as I've got a 10K that is coming up this month and I don't want to look like a Pokey Joe during it nor do I want to feel like a cripple for a week after, not being able to walk.  I've been smart about it to this point so I'm trying not to change that.  Taking longer easier runs to extend my endurance, but also training shorter and harder in order to build the speed.  I'm getting my boss to finalize my signup for one other race this weekend.  It's kind of cool to not have to give credit card information online because the race signups are via bank transfer as well (that seems to be something that's really big over here.)
I'm working on breaking in my swanky new racing flats.  I love them so far.  I just have to tell myself though that running in my Asics on days where I'm going longer is the better idea as they have more padding.
I was joking around with one of the guys on a running forum I'm on that you definitely know you're getting older when you spend more time stretching and warming up on interval days than you do actually running.  This has definitely been the case for me a couple days lately.
I've been upping the intensity of using the workout machines on the trail.  I only use the two days a week, but it used to be more focused on the run and less focused on the individual workouts.  Now it's split time with both.  Incredible dashes from machine to machine plus pushing myself a little harder on the machines.  I hate running with water, but there aren't really fountains so I bought a bicycle lock for my backpack and I keep my jump rope (trying to work on getting my calves like they used to be) and a water in there and have it chained to a railing.  Who knows if someone would actually steal it, but now at least they've got to put a little effort into it.

2 comments:

  1. Is running in Korea similar to running in Arkansas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if I was to buy running apparel over here, even the men's running apparel by Korean standards would come across as feminine - haha - so perhaps there are some similarities. I run my first race later this month so I will find out if running from a herd of Korean folk is the same as running from a group of inbreds.

    ReplyDelete