I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Baseball

   Ok, so as I had mentioned before there are a ton of White Sox and Cleveland Indians hats for some reason or another over here.  I don't know if it's the logo or what, but one day in class four of my boys out of 8 had o Indians hats and they were all different styles.  Anyways, I'm getting tired of staring at these, but this last week there's been some developments that made me smile.  For starters, our store that's right next to work now carries Astros hats along with all of the other random teams Red Sox, Yankees, Tigers, etc.  So that made me smile.  Then there's this new chicken place that opened up next to work (which created a problem I'll discuss later) and the cook there is a nice old lady there that is sweet as can be and always hooks me up and gives me extra, but usually I end up with the younger lady that works there and I don't get as hooked up.  You've got two choices there, waiting at the walk up window, or going inside.  I used to wait at the walk up window, but I also noticed that I get cut in front of very quickly when I'm waiting outside, because I don't care to wait in line pressed up against the person in front of me.  So I go inside and the cook, a larger Korean gentleman (which is unusual in itself, but then again he does cook in a fried chicken place :-)) is wearing an old school blue and gold Astros hat.  Made my day.  So now I always go inside, I get my chicken quicker and I get to see the Astros hat.  Then on my travels to Busan for the race I was waiting at the bus depot and there was a group of guys that were fixing to board a bus headed for Seoul and one of them had on an even older school orange star with the blue "H" Cooperstown Astros hat.  Then on the metro in Busan, there was a hipster kid, I thought he was an ugly girl, but turns out he's a he, and he had on a really awesome looking blue and gold Astros hat with the Astrodome logo in gold on the underside of the bill.  Then during the race there were two different runners wearing Astros hats during the race and both of them were orange stars and blue "H" Cooperstown hats.
The next oddity that happened was my cab ride a little over two weeks ago (hard to believe that I've been horrible about updating since then).  It was a Saturday and I wanted to get to work earlier so I flagged a cab down and hopped in to be greeted by this cabbie that was super-delighted to have a white guy in his cab.  I thought I had hopped into a cab driven by little Patrick as this guy went on and on about Derek Jeter and the Yankees.  I just kept nodding my head and acting really excited everytime he had an emotional mood swing and would start talking really fast.  When we got to my spot it was the coolest thing I handed him the money and he was like "No, no, no, nothing for a Yankees brother".  I was thinking "What in the world?"  I definitely didn't argue as it was both the strangest and one of the coolest things that had gone on over here and I dropped a dollar in the front seat and thanked him as I got out.

No comments:

Post a Comment