I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Students and Stephanie

 I was talking with my older students and they were asking if I knew of any K-Pop bands before I came to Korea. I told them I had only briefly heard a couple songs, but that I had a cousin who I lived with for a while absolutely love K-Pop and Korean culture. They became super interested and started with lots of questions about Stephanie. Then they saw her picture in the family calendar and wanted me to bring her over so they could hang out. Haha. The best was when they were saying that there was a government sponsored concert (evidently on the cheap) coming up during the summer that was approximately a dozen K-Pop bands and the tickets were on $5. They were even offering to pay for her ticket, and I was explaining that the ticket wasn't the problem it was the getting her over across the pond that was the issue. They still had a laugh about it and told me to offer it and to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment