I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thanksgiving in March

Figured out some things that I'm thankful for this week: My family. And now for the reasons that I'm thankful for in Korea: Korea is becoming a technopolis if not already. This is a good thing and a bad thing. The reason it's a good thing right now is it allows me to visit one of the several thousand PC rooms scattered around the cities of this peninsula, quickly download Skype and catch up with everyone back home as my computers are in the shop. At my new job I've had to start wearing big boy clothes. This would be awesome except I've skated past on wearing my church jeans the past 15 months. So when I was planning my clothing I was trying on all my slacks and quickly was discovering that they weren't exactly fitting. Well after I had to stoop to the level of hemming a pair of pants with paperclips and tightly cinching a belt just so they'd stay up I decided to invest in some new pants. The arrived unhemmed and so I ventured out to find an alterations place. After work on Monday I went walking around with my pants and finally stumbled across a nice small shop with a lady and a sewing machine. I showed her the pants, she measured my length and then told me to come back in an hour and a half. Now, this was 7:30pm and that would mean that she's finishing my pants at 9:00pm and would still be open. God Bless her! Then to top it all off, it was only 5 bucks for the work that got finished in a night. Finally, as if that wasn't enough, I went by to see her today because I needed a button restitched onto one of my jackets because my Suncheon lady hadn't done it when I asked her to do it when she was dry cleaning it. Anywho, I took my jacket by after work today and she looked at it and then pointed to a bench for me to take a seat. I watched only a couple of minutes of a Modern Family episode on my tablet and then she was done. Not only that but she refused payment pointing to my pants and saying something in Korean to the extent that we were golden. Oh how I love her and she will always be getting to my pants first. Getting acclimated after my first week teaching at my new job. I love the fact that the students thank me after each class. AWESOME!!! They also care enough to argue with me over a 70 on their midterm that they took last Friday. Even better is today I got feedback from my academic manager that she's getting feedback from the students that they are appreciating the increased pace that changed between the previous instructor and myself. Evidentally going from 5 miles an hour then to 20 and now going through lessons at 60 was a good transition for the students. They're adjusting well and I have an awesome feeling about this group of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment