I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Friday, March 22, 2013

PANTS!!!

I now have enough pants that are dressy for work and thanks to my new alterations lady fit me. I am also becoming more and more excited about these pants for the weirdest of reasons. For example, yesterday I was getting dressed and I realized that my pants have a strip on the inside of the waistband that is similar to the stuff you put under rugs inside your house so you don't bust your butt. At first thought, the inside of pants is a weird place for this. If its not a weird place for you then you figured out what this was for quicker than I did. I was pulling my pants on and I was thinking to myself "what type of person is wearing their slacks so tight that they need something to get more traction on the inside waistband". You can iamgine the humorous pictures inside my head. Then I found out these help keep my shirts from blousing and keep them from making me develop the inevitable "shirt pudge" by the end of the day. This was also coupled with the discovery that double pleated Korean pants are not like the single and double pleated American pants. In American pants whenever there was even one pleat I'd look like I could smuggle and entire Christmas spiral hame down the front of my trousers. So, when my Korean pants arrived and I saw that they had two pleats at first I was a little disappointed, but then I realized that these were more like the flat front slacks that I'd enjoyed in the states only the double pleat gave me more room to use the pockets. Another reason to dance for joy. A final reasons is as Grandma Shannon and Mom will probably atest, I usually don't buy the most normal of clothes. When looking for pants I guess I stuck with this trend and snagged some awesome blue/tan plaids, some spectacular ginghams, and then the more subtle pinstripes. I walked into class one day with my younger class and we were talking about adjectives that describe people and I was giving a sentence where a student had studied a lot for a test and so they had great confidence in their ability to do well on that test and one student turned and volunteered that I also had a lot of confidence for wearing those pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment