I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Monday, February 4, 2013

"F" Computer, "F" Computer

Ok so this weekend just wrapped up a week and a half of the term testing our upper level students. Lots of just walking around (with quieter shoes than my boots as I was reminded) and kids walking off with my erasers or mechanical pencils after the test is over. Anyways I was having computer problems where the computer froze up during the listening portion of the test and so quit playing the mp3's. I rebooted the computer and then waited a moment before reinserting my USB where the listening files were. It was taking abnormally long and I had My Computer open and at one point I was quietly yelling at the computer "F SHOW ME F. SHOW ME F!!!" Now this class is my highest level students and there are two girls on this day and one boy. The boy was just tuned out but the girls had this look of shock and horror mixed on their faces. I started laughing and one goes "What was that?" And I was like "F is the letter of the drive with our test on it." OMG me and the girls laughed for like 5 minutes because they apparently had the idea that I had sat there cursing at my computer in the middle of class. The boy coming out of being tuned out was so confused as he had no idea what we were laughing so hard about. After the test with each of the classes I played a game with the students. I'd write a four-letter word on the board and then have the students on teams run up to the board and change one letter at a time and create a ladder of new words. One team quickly figured out that as soon as you got a word changed to a four-letter word ending in -ATS that it was easy as pie to win. Well they did that the first round and I was hoping another team would catch on. Then they were once again the only ones that did it during the second round and the third round. They ended up winning with 63 words with the closest other team have 27. They had a blast though. One of the other teachers was like "how'd you think of that game?" and I was like "my mom and I are always playing weird word games on our computers or on my tablet so I just thought of what would be the most practical in the classroom."

No comments:

Post a Comment