I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Perfect Birthday Care Package

So what do you get for the guy living abroad from Texas?  Well you can't ship him a gun, Shiner wouldn't last in the mail, so the next best thing would be a box full, literally full, of chili spices.  Definitely a good day when you look through your care package and it turns the breakroom into a chili smelling bonanza during work.  I don't know who was more excited, me for the present, or the other staffers who know what it means.  Chili days when it gets a little cooler.

Also got a replacement Android tablet while I get some warranty repairs done on my older one and I'm in love so far.  The small size is perfect for fitting in the back of a pair of Wranglers (I specify Wranglers because I doubt they'd fit into a pair of men's hip huggin' jeans like you find over here in Korea.)  The nice thing is that once it is turned on it is almost an exact copy of my larger one that made getting used to it almost instantaneous  .

Got a new TV box at home.  Got a few more TV channels (like 200 more) and so there were a few more English speaking channels mixed in there.  I don't know where anything is anymore though on it.  Oh well.  I wished they had just upgraded our internet instead of our TV though.

Got a farting Bulldog card in the mail today at work.  Totally made my day.

Felt really self accomplished as I registered for my next 10K pretty much by myself (got a little help from a student).  When I went to transfer the fee for it at the bank the teller was cute when I handed her the account number and she goes "Bank?"  and I responded "Post Office".  Evidently that's a banking institution as well over here because she only smiled a little because I looked so perplexed, but got it taken care of.  One of my older students was asking where my next race was and I told her Iksan and she was like that's where my grandparents live and I instantly go "very cool, can I sleep there?"  Her face was priceless as it was a definitive weirded out face.  If Charlie had been in my class he would've offered up Grandma Shannon's or Dee's house in heartbeat for me to stay at.

Gotta go, class starting soon.  Today's topic is Ancient Greece Democracy so for me it's a fun topic.  Oh god, UD what have you done to me.  The ignorance that Georgetown High bred I probably would've thought Oedipus and Odysseus were contagious infections.

On a side note when I looked at the reason one of my younger kids was missing class for two weeks and I translated it and it came back as conjunctivitis I instantly knew what that was thanks to the years working at ESE.

Ok Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment