I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Birthdays

Let me begin by thanking everyone for the love extended my way on my birthday.  I certainly felt it coming from all directions.

I also found it interesting to read through all the texts and Facebook comments that I received.  It was almost like a timeline of all the assorted nicknames I have had past and present.  The only two that didn't make an appearance were stickboy and #3 which are both two of my favorites.  Both of my new Korean ones popped up and a couple just easy ones from family and friends were there too.

Birthday in Korea started with me giving myself a pass on a day of running.  Then it was a 4-egg omelet, an episode of Criminal Minds, then off to work.  At work 2 students showed up for what I was thinking was going to be the most boring day ever in the classroom.  The topic was the Marmaray Tunnel.  My first thought was WTH?!?!  Then as I listened to the lectures I realized that they were perfect lectures for taking notes and working on note-taking skills.

We had a blast during class.  Then, afterwards ensued a night of bowling, darts, drinking and karaoke.  I bowled terrible, played a little better at darts, and sang some of mine and my fams favorites at karaoke.  Let a little red-headed stranger out into Korea with "Always on my Mind" for all four grandparents.  A little "I'm a Believer" for Mom and her sisters and then threw some Beatles and some man in black in there for everyone else.  Ended the night with a duo of AC/DC and Bon Jovi to bring in the morning light.  :-)

Here's to another 365 of good health, happiness and fortune, or at least 2 out of 3. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment