I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Korean Clothing

So before I start this isn't a post praising or trashing Korean clothing, just two observations.
First, this last Sunday was the Korean holiday of 추석 or Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving).  This is where you go visit your relatives in their hometown.  So a lot of people leave Seoul to travel to little cities around Korea like ours.  Most of my students are lucky because they don't have to sit in traffic as their grandparents either live in town, or are just a town over.  On my run on Friday I was running past the preschool that I've previously posted pictures of (the one with the awesome window slide) and I enjoy running past this school because they seem to have their kids out of the school a lot taking advantage of the walking trail and just going out and enjoying the fresh air.  On Friday, they were all dressed in their hanboks, traditional Korean clothing, and it was so cute.  There were four classes out walking I guess to a picnic area or something and it was awesome.  It made me think of kids in the us that are that age all dressed up for picture day as it isn't what they typically wear day-to-day.  Wish I ran with a camera.

Second thing was yesterday on my cooldown after my run I was jogging around our neighborhood and I saw a lady walking towards me and I noticed her shirt and it made me chuckle inside my head.  She was wearing a polo shirt with one of those embroidered recoil pads sewn in for skeet shooting.  This made me laugh as this lady probably has no idea why the shirt even looks that way, but I smiled even furthermore because "who in Korea thinks to sell skeet shooting polos?"  

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment