I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Keep Poking Me with That and You'll Walk Funny

So I assume because of the holiday my waffle lady was taking an extended break.  I applaud her.  I revisited my street food stand that was closer to my bank on the way to work Wednesday and the man wasn't the one in the actual cart doing the cooking this time, it was his wife and he was doing the prep work on the side.  She was working diligently and was waiting on the waffles that were in the iron to be fresh for me.  I appreciated it, but I couldn't communicate that I wasn't in any hurry.  I was enjoying watching the man work.  He'd look at me then he'd turn and poke his wife in the leg with his rolling pin and motion for her to fix me a waffle.  I'd smile and motion that it was ok.  Then he'd turn and poke her again as she'd go back to more of her cooking.  She hauled off and started ranting at him as he went to poke her again with the rolling pin.  Haha.  I thought I had a hard time ordering food, how was I potentially going to explain this woman beating this man within an inch of his life if he made the mistake of poking him again.  I was all smiles and laughter whenever I left the cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment