I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Toastmasters Weekend

This weekend I was the toaster for my Saturday club that I'm the vice president at and then at my Sunday club. 

For Saturday's meeting I chose the theme of ORANGES.  It  was a fun meeting.  I had each of the members pretend they were sellers of Texas valley fruits and going door to door like we occasionally saw at Ann and Jack's house.

Then on Sunday the topic was Restaurant Awkwardness. I told the story of going to a La Di Da restaurant in New Orleans with Mary Jo and Grandma and Grandpa Shannon.  This was after the family reunion and I couldn't find my boots and so I showed up to a jackets required restaurant in flip flops.  Then I ended up heading to Payless to get some more acceptable foot attire.

1 comment:

  1. Good pictures of people not paying attention while you are speaking. Haha.

    ReplyDelete