I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SLANG 101

The Listening and Speaking instructor at our program has been giving the students a term of the day and a phrases of the day as per our boss's instructions to give our students a wider social vocabulary to work with when they go over to the states.

On Friday I was quite hoarse, and I made a comment that without being able to change the pitch and tone of my voice, I was basically teaching in a straight jacket.  I said that my voice was directly connected to my teaching mojo.

Fast forward through the weekend to Monday.  His word of the day was "mojo", and apparently he used me as an example.

When I came into class, one of the students asked me if my throat was feeling better.  I replied that it was.  Then she goes "so you've got your mojo back today?"  I couldn't stop laughing for about a minute or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment