I definitely appreciate the frequent readers and the feedback that I get on my blog. I don't really write it for notoriety, but rather to entertain and not feel so distant from the Western World. An occasional headshake in disbelief or an actual laugh out loud are added bonuses. Please continue to enjoy.

Friday, December 16, 2011

THE LONG PROMISED APARTMENT WALKTHROUGH

           The long promised apartment description post.  Some might refer to it as an efficiency apartment, yet I refer to it as my home.  It cuts out all the extra things that sometimes get in the way.  Things that constantly have to be dusted, cleaned, or kept tidy for fear that company might be stopping by.  The beauty of this place is it is so simplistically fantastic that keeping it orderly and leaving it the same way each day before I head off to work is a breeze.

           I’ve got a digital door lock which is great because no keys to keep up with.  It also comes with a video door chime, as there is no peephole.  I’ve only used this once, but I like the concept.  Inside my door there is a small cabinet that is great for my running shoes and running clothes.  I also have started used the top of this for storing my Chuck Taylor’s.  In front of this is a handy place for my boots as the rest of the apartment’s floors are heated wood.  Feels nice a cozy on bare or stocking feet.  I seldom have it on though because it just hasn’t been that cold.  Next is my dining room table / office desk.  This is just a nice spot because I can easily whip around and refill my hot chocolate or water while I’m working.  It also is a nice spot because I tend to overfill my soup bowl for dinner and it’s not a long walk to balance the bowl and keep it from sloshing over.

           The bathroom is once again fantastically simple as there is a toilet and a sink/shower.  This makes trimming my beard or running the head trimmers over my head easy, as at home I’d worry and have to clean up the trimmings that would get sent flying in every which way.  Here in this perfectly designed bathroom I can shave and wash away all the evidence in the process of a shower.  How ideal.

           This is my kitchen/laundry unit.  It’s got enough storage for the foods that I’ve prepped so far and the two-burner stove has proved to be quite plenty.  I haven’t used the washing machine yet, although it does make an awesome powering on noise when you do turn it on.  J

           This is once again a simplistic design of the bed.  It’s nice and comfy and when I do perhaps have the floor heaters on it feels a-mazing.  It is of course fully equipped with my Texas t-shirt quilt.   In the back you can see my closet and dresser drawers.  Next to it is a very uncomfortable chair that I think the previous tenant removed the seat cushions and so I’ve converted it into a sweater storage unit.

           This is my tv stand which offers me additional storage space (space that’s used for clothes and not hoarding).

           This is my refrigerator and do it all room.  Right now it’s storing my empty luggage and a pile of laundry.  My school manager was saying that I could move the refrigerator out of here in order to use the room for something else.  The fridge and the luggage fit perfectly in here so I’m not quite sure what I would use this room for were I to vacate it.  Then there would be the question of what to do with my laundry pile and what to do with the refrigerator whenever I clear out the room.  I like the room the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment